General Membership Meeting
October 26, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 4:30 pm with 45 members present.
The minutes from the previous meeting were read and accepted.
The treasurer’s report was read and accepted.
All officers were present.
Recognition of new members –
There were 4 new members sworn in
Reports of accidents sickness and death –
There were no new reports
Presidents Report –
The presidents Grievance summary is as follows –
- MM doing rooftop unit maintenance in violation of previous agreement. Settled
- Written reprimand for not responding to on-call. Granted
- Foreman doing laborer work. Granted
- CV Plumber worked. Heard
- MM changing ballasts at the hospital. Heard
- Refusal to pay on-call. Heard
- IUOE assigned as helper submitted scheduled Monday Working on a settlement.
- BMET in unit heard 7/24. Denied. The arbitrator doesn’t agree our recognition clause allows them to merge into our contract.
- Proper remedy for ballast violation 10/23
- Construction Services- Contract Vendor electricians worked without steward input. 2/2/18.
- Discharge date May 8th
Other Business under the president’s report –
- AC MM overlap issues discussed 10/5
- Hospital interstitial / confined spaces Special conference held 10/25
- GPS and Evaluation heard at MERC
- Overlap Movers / Laborers scheduled 11/1
- Central shop electricians and region OT merged.
- Big thanks for all who helped on dinner dance.
- Open enrollment. Think about FSA
- Steward elections Don Osborn Painter steward, Jeff Risner electric steward for central shop and utilities, Bill Berry mason steward, Juan Morton alt. steward for masons, Darin Pomo alt steward for Hospital Plumbing / AC, George Parker day painter steward for hospital. Ken thanked the past stewards for their efforts over the years.
Committee reports –
- Safety Committee – nothing to report.
- Apprenticeship committee – The meeting was cancelled.
Unfinished Business –
Dinner dance total was just under $7500. The budget was $12000
New Business –
- Big Buck contest judging in January. Judges welcome.
- Reminder, November and December meetings are the third Thursday because the holiday.
- Request for a donation/sponsorship for Livingston county hockey. $250 The motion was seconded and the motion passed.
- Ken reported the Office moved around the corner. Ken asked for a motion to buy new office furniture in the conference room. There was a motion to allow $5000 budget for furniture purchase. The motion was seconded and the motion passed.
- Pics of vehicles on campus. It is believed this was to confirm gps location.
- Electrician postings- license requirements.
Good of the union –
The jacket drawing was held and number 163 Chris Gutzki was not present so $20.00 more goes into the pocket.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:53 pm.