General Membership Meeting
May 25, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 4:30 pm with 41 members present.
The minutes from the previous meeting were read and accepted.
The treasurer’s report was read and accepted.
All officers were present.
Recognition of new members –
There were 2 new members sworn in.
Reports of accidents sickness and death –
It was reported that-
Mike Toth stepfather passed.
The presidents Grievance summary is as follows –
· Hospital Manager doing FA work heard on 4/13
· CS electrician OT heard on 4/13
· Central Campus East MM replacing ballasts scheduled 4/24 heard, Denied and submitted for arbitration.
· Grounds employees doing roofing scheduled 4/25 granted. Roofers all paid 6 hours OT.
· Laborer OT scheduled 4/26 settled without hearing.
· Jacket give away scheduled 4/26. Not yet resolved.
· New CS electrician OT filed. Settled at hearing.
· Discharge grievance heard.
· Hospital Ballast work settled. Overtime payments to electricians.
· Powerhouse Steamfitter replacement heard in January (denied).
· IUOE assigned as helper (submitted)
· BME being rescheduled To June 16
.· Athletic Tech scheduled for 5/19
· BMET Lead clarification scheduled for June 20. (Unit clarification.)
· BMET Merc hearing scheduled for June 2th
Other Business under the president’s report –
· FA / MM issues meeting.
· Had a special conference to discuss hiring painters. Seems to have gone well.
· Met with University “branding” department. An issue with our logo the block m is trademarked and they don’t want us to use it. Contact Ken with any ideas for a new logo.
New Business –
Question was asked about the Pump classification- Ken reported we talked about it but hasn’t heard back from the University.
The president proposed a bylaw change to increase the salaries of the officers and add a payment to the e-board. The proposed increases consisted of- The president $0 No increase, The Vice president will increase from $320 to $375 per month. The recording secretary and treasurer will increase from $200 per month to $250. The E-board will change from dues reimbursement to payment of $100 per month. There will be another reading of this proposed by law change and a vote at the June general membership meeting.
Good of the union –
The jacket drawing was held and number 179 jacks Haynes was present.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:01 pm.