General Membership Meeting
March 23, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 4:30 pm with 52 members present.
The minutes from the previous meeting were read and accepted.
The treasurer’s report was read and accepted.
All officers were present.
Recognition of new members –
There were 6 new members sworn in.
Reports of accidents sickness and death –
There were no reports
Presidents Report –
The presidents Grievance summary is as follows –
- Season day work cancelled, we deemed it retaliation (heard). Denied and will be submitted for arbitration.
- Refusal to fold BMET into current contract filed.
- Team Leader Pay filed. (Granted at hearing).
- Contract vendor steamfitter OT (filed).
- Lead Person (filed). Scheduled for 3/24
- Filing grievance for Fire Alarm manager shut off a fire alarm at NIB said it was too cold
Arbitration summary –
- Powerhouse Steamfitter replacement heard on January 30
- NCRC ballasts January 17. Resolved.
- Outsourcing to US Water January 9 (Denied) The arbitrator felt work wasn’t same.
- Electricians doing Mason work February 8th. Denied arbitrator didn’t feel it was retaliation.
Other Business under the president’s report –
- A real struggle to get the BMET’s properly recognized. University so far refuses to apply terms and conditions of our current agreement. Grievance and ULP under way. Also filed for unit clarification. Going to take a little time. Ken feels we will prevail.
- University considering a pump repair classification. We have steamfitters that do this work already. They want to add cross trade duties under one classification.
- Plumber classification. University wanting to add electrical duties. We will argue this all the way.
- Regions hiring a Temp Roofer
- University proposed adding multi trade duties to roofer classification.
Committee reports –
- Safety Committee -
- Apprenticeship committee – There were 93 applicants. Next steps are scheduling testing and applicants.
Unfinished Business –
There was no unfinished business to discuss.
New Business -
There was a motion to have a Union Golf outing $7500 from the Union and 35 dollars per person. This will be tabled until next month
Good of the union –
The jacket drawing was held and number 236 Michael Lauerman wasn’t present so $20.00 more goes into the pocket.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:47 pm.