General Membership Meeting
June 23, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 4:30 pm with 31 members present.
The minutes from the previous meeting were read and accepted.
The treasurer’s report was read and accepted.
All officers were present.
Recognition of new members –
There were 3new members were sworn in.
Reports of accidents sickness and death –
Presidents Report –
The presidents Grievance summary is as follows –
- Overtime not offered to afternoon shift AC Mechanic (granted).
- T-5 upgrades not paid to Painter while drywall finishing heard. Waiting on an answer.
- Failure to transfer employees after awarding jobs. (Withdrawn).
- Electricians doing mason work (filed).
- Safety and hostile work environment (heard).
- C/S Electrician overtime (filed)
Arbitration summary –
- Written reprimand (heard on 5/25)
Other Business under the president’s report –
- Dearborn emergency response.
- Met to discuss several issues with attorney. Outsourcing, Overlap, etc.
- Met with HV and OL shops to discuss lead pay.
- Meeting over Expediters and the need to have a CDL license to drive the new trucks.
- MiOSHA is coming back to campus to work on their investigation at NCRC over MM getting shocked.
Committee reports –
- Apprenticeship committee –We are being told they will be hiring 2 FA Electrician Apprentices and at least 1 electrician.
Unfinished business –
There was no unfinished business to discuss.
Reminder, elections for all officers is this fall. Nominations in September and elections in October.
Good of the union –
The jacket drawing was held and number 5 Jason Aikins wasn’t present so $20.00 more goes into the pocket.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:48pm.