General Membership Meeting
August 25, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 4:30 pm with members present.
The minutes from the previous meeting were waived via motion due to the secretary’s absence.
The treasurer’s report was read and accepted.
Bob Melise was excused.
Recognition of new members –
There were 1 new member sworn in.
Reports of accidents sickness and death –
It was reported that-
Myron Williams off work
Presidents Report –
- Electricians doing mason work heard. Granted 20 hours total OT paid.
- MM doing electrical work. 2 grievances NCRC and Hospital. Denied and submitted for arbitration.
- Special polling for HV special events. Granted.
- Refusal to allow employee interviews. Settled
- US Water contract filed.
- CPP steamfitter IUOE filed.
- Painter Drywall issue scheduled 10/26
- NCRC electrical work scheduled November 30
- Contract vendor meeting to discuss painters.
- Meeting scheduled to discuss contract vendor steamfitters and sheet metal.
- Labor Arbitration Conference.
- New apprentice hired
- Golf carts WTF. Don’t drive these things. They are dangerous and illegal.
- Met with Hank Baier. Changes coming to facility operation. Better processes etc.
Committee reports –
- Safety Committee -
- Apprenticeship committee – Hoping for 2 FAE apprentices soon.
Unfinished Business –
New business -
We will be forming a party committee in the next couple of months to plan for the celebration of 50 years as a union!
Good of the union –
The jacket drawing failed to find a member present so $20.00 more goes into the pocket. Now $240
The meeting was adjourned at 4:59 pm.