General Membership Meeting
April 27, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 4:30 pm with 47 members present.
The minutes from the previous meeting were read and accepted.
The treasurer’s report was read and accepted.
All officers were present.
Recognition of new members –
There was 1 new member sworn in.
Reports of accidents sickness and death –
There were no reports of accidents sickness or death.
Presidents Report –
The presidents Grievance summary is as follows –
- Lead Person in CS heard on 3/24
- Hospital Manager doing Fire Alarm work heard on 4/13 (settled).
- CS electrician OT heard on 4/13 (Granted) 2 new assignments
- Employee discharged filed. LTD Independent medical exam
- Central campus east region MM replacing ballasts heard 4/24 same as ncrc and hospital unresolved
- Grounds employees doing roofing heard 4/25, (granted)
- Laborer OT scheduled 4/26 (resolved).
- Jacket give away heard 4/26 despair treatment because plant gave them away where hospital employees had to pay
- New CS electrician OT heard 2/26. (Resolved)
Arbitration summary –
- Powerhouse Steamfitter replacement January 30 still waiting on an answer.
- IUOE assigned as helper they are not apprentices or laborers. Submitted.
- BMET scheduled on June 16th
- ULP for BMET’s still scheduling.
Other Business under the president’s report –
- A real struggle to get the BMET’s properly recognized. Arbitration scheduled. ULP first round of dates in May. Rescheduling will occur.
- Overlap issued at the Hospital, locksmiths, carpenters, IE’s special conference
- AFSCME Millwrights, Heavy equipment mechanics etc. we are trying to bring them in under our union. We filed a petition with merc.
- M-Healthy rewards. Don’t participate. they put together the risk factors that will eventually make us pay more for copays.
Committee reports –
- Safety Committee -
- Apprenticeship committee – meeting was canceled testing
Unfinished Business –
Golf outing table until next month. due to no committee members present.
New business -
There was a motion to replace the desktop computer system in the office not to exceed $1000 the motion was seconded and the motion passed.
Good of the union –
The jacket drawing was held and number 144 Greg Freda wasn’t present so $20.00 more goes into the pocket.
Retirements – Larry Wolfe ITS
The meeting was adjourned at 5:04 pm.